Benefits of Personal Fitness
Updated: Oct 24, 2018
While it may seem obvious that eating healthy and exercise is generally well accepted as good for you, often it’s the little benefits that go unnoticed.
The little amount of time required to maintain a healthy life style is exactly that-very little. 15-60 minutes of total exercise broken down into 1-4 sessions a week is all it takes. Picture it this way-no more than a one-hour television show. Not exactly a huge amount of time when considering the average North American watches 1-3.5 hours/day. In fact, many studies have shown that by taking the time to define and implement a physical exercise routine into your daily lifestyle will help assist your body and mind in organizing your time more efficiently. And of course, you will want to regularly consume a well-balanced diet that is comprised of whole foods that are nutritional rich.
*Raising your heart rate through exercise is a sure way to live a happier, healthier and longer life.
Physical Fitness and Weight Loss
The U.S is by far the most out of shape population in the world, without question. The truly shocking part is most over weight people are undernourished and processed high calorie, high sugar, processed food is the culprit. Being overweight increases your risk of developing several health problems, including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides, diabetes, hypertension, various types of cancer, gout and gallbladder disease.
By simply, eating healthier and exercising a little everyday all the above diseases can be prevented. During a lifetime it seems like an obvious choice. The time you have should be eventful and worry free and being healthy and athletic helps gives you that opportunity. In fact, several studies have shown that an individual can improve their overall health by losing as little as 10 to 20 pounds.
Below is an additional list of health benefits associated with physical exercise
• Reduces the risk of developing colon cancer
• Promotes the loss of excess body weight
• Assists in controlling healthy body weight
• Reduces risk of heart attack
• Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles and joints
• Reduces the risk of dying prematurely
• Reduces the risk of dying from heart disease
• Reduces the risk of developing diabetes
• Reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure
• Helps reduce blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure
• Increases muscle strength
Here are some Mental Benefits:
• Improves self-image
• Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety
• Helps control your appetite
• Greater resistance to stress, anxiety and fatigue
• Helps you to relax and feel less tense
• Increases productivity at work
Quality of life benefits:
• Lowers risk of falls and serious injuries like hip fractures
• Improves coordination, balance and reflexes
• Increases strength in older adults and reduces the likelihood of falling
• Increases stamina, strength and flexibility
• Improves efficiency of the heart and lungs
A healthy life style will offer an unmatched sense of fulfillment to one’s life. Clean eating and weight training will not only strengthen the body but the mind and soul as well. Within weeks of starting training your self confidence and lack of negativity will motivate yourself and others around you.